The ABC/FM Network

     What memories !! I recall the ABC/FM Network Newscast @ :38,
quite well.  WBIM-FM (91.5) at Bridgewater State College
(Massachusetts) was an ABC/FM affiliate, back in the early to mid
eighties.  It was a tremendous help for our news department.  In
addition to the live newscast (a few times a day), we were able to
tape the actualities for use in our local newscasts.  Carol Hebb, one
of the ABC/FM anchors, sent us (by request) an autographed photo of
herself.  :) !!
     We lost the ABC feed in 1985 thanks to WBZ taking territorial
exclusivity of all ABC Radio feeds in the market or within 35 miles of
Boston. (Missed it by a mile or two !  Burrrrr!)  THAT, I could not
understand as they rarely used few or no ABC feeds at all.  Were they
afraid of a little 180 watt FM stereo college station taking one
little morsel of their precious audience ?  Be real. From what I
gather, WBZ only had to broadcast the "make-goods" or ads from the
newscasts, and that was it.  I guess the ABC Radio Network was
becoming nothing more than a ad distribution outlet. The newscasts
were an afterthought.

- -Pete

==