Re: Super duper doppler deception

At 09:11 PM 6/24/98 -0500, you wrote:

> Where does it end?    I don't know.  It's a "monster" unleashed by
>"gigantic" people with "terrible" force.  Its "awesome" strength "smashes"
>even "el nino".   All of us should stay tuned for the "earth shattering"
>details.

Hey, I write for a technical trade magazine that circulates to electronic
engineers. Dilbert is us. In fact, we run Dilbert. Now, can you imagine a
group that would seem to care less about action-packed headlines? Well, our
new chief editor is big on blood-and-guts verbs in headlines. How's this for
a grabber (it's fictional, but in the style of some recent headlines):
Firewire smashes 500-Mbps barrier. Hmmm... Maybe Wally would like it. And I
guess it's no better and no worse than Firwire tops 500 Mbps.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205