Re: Not-a-Dr.

Dr. Jerry Punch is an M.D. -- emergency medicine as his specialty, if I
recall correctly. And I think he's caled Dr. because we tend to call M.D.s
that automatically, whereas calling me a Doctor because I have a doctoral
degree (a juris doctor) would cause all sorts of weird looks. :)

H Glazer wrote:

> I can understand the cachet (real or imagined) that the title "Dr."
> lends to radio counselors like Sclessinger. But what of Dr. Jerry Punch,
> the ESPN guy in the pits at auto races and on the sidelines at college
> football games? What is he a doctor of, and why should we be more
> impressed with his analysis of that wreck on Turn 4 because he is one?
>
> I also recall a sports tout on one of those paid football shows, Dr. Ron
> Bash. Guess suckers feel better about calling a $25 900 line if there a
> guy with a degree on the other end to tell them who to bet.

- --
Douglas J. Broda
Broda and Burnett
Attorneys at Law