Re: Not-a-Dr.

I can understand the cachet (real or imagined) that the title "Dr."
lends to radio counselors like Sclessinger. But what of Dr. Jerry Punch,
the ESPN guy in the pits at auto races and on the sidelines at college
football games? What is he a doctor of, and why should we be more
impressed with his analysis of that wreck on Turn 4 because he is one?

I also recall a sports tout on one of those paid football shows, Dr. Ron
Bash. Guess suckers feel better about calling a $25 900 line if there a
guy with a degree on the other end to tell them who to bet.

Howard