WRKO Follies: Williams, Carr, Leykis.

	That sounds about right. I heard that too: Jerry Williams, after going after
corruption for years, called Treasurer-elect Joe Malone and asked him not to
lay off this lady friend of Jerry's who was a Crane-hack employed there. Jerry
received a lot of heat about it and refused to comment on it. It eventually
went away. That was about the same time frame of Howie's firing.
	Then, Tom Leykis, an unemployed California talk host, subbed for Jerry for a
week and the PD at WRKO was so impressed, he canned Howie, sent Vickie Jones
to part-time and put Leykis on in Gene Burns old slot.
	As the story continues, Leykis killed the midday reigning Limboob, then on
WHDH, in his first book, impressing Westwood One, who were dangling
syndication in front of him.
	Unfortunately, Leykis went to the WRKO's open bar Christmas party later on
that year and got flat out blotto. Angered that he caught his wife flirting
with another WRKO employee, Leykis, later that evening, tried to kill his wife
by beating her head against the fireplace of the Leykis home on Grove St. in
Beacon Hill.
	Then, in classic Howie Carr revenge, after being tipped off by Boston cops of
the arrest, Carr told everyone about it. Days after the beating, the story
appeared in the Globe, Herald and a whole slew of California papers where
Leykis had worked in the past.
	Despite denials by Leykis, the truth is the truth and remains clear: He pled
guilty in a plea bargain to a lesser charge, from domestic felony assault to
misdemeanor assault, a slap on the wrist charge in my opinion. He served his
probation and moved to back to California to do his nationally syndicated
show.
I heard that he has sinced dumped this wife, number four, and has moved on to
other victims.

In a message dated 6/8/98 10:49:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,