Re: Gripes about Howie Carr/WRKO

> ---ASchinella@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > Okay, I flip on Carr this afternoon and he is doing "What's your
> gripe" a
> > topic he does all the time. And during the first hour of the show,
> three,
> > count them, three callers called in to complain how terrible WRKO is
> now and
> > how crude Howie is, etc. Of course, VB blew them all up. Amazing,
> who says the
> > listeners don't know anything? Whodathunkit?

Amazing, isn't it.  Personally I'm surprised that they even got as far
as the air.  When they did, it was evident they didn't know what to do
with them....so, rather than reason with them, they did the knee jerk
reaction.....blow them up.

But they all sang the same tune...."I used to like WRKO, but now...."

Also, in that same first half hour, he was takling about the storm
effects on the area...and starting making fun of the guys that got
killed when the tree fell on there SUV in Winchendon(?).  Pretty funny,
huh?  Jeesh!  How would you like to be family members of the two young
men who were killed unexpectedly, turn on the radio and hear the host
making fun of your relative dying in a storm.

I'm so ticked I wanted to drop an e-mail complaint to Howie, the PD and
the general 'Comments' mailbox.  Anyone know what they are?

> I think that Howie and gang know they may soon be
> nationwide and they're getting a bit cheeky.

I have a hard time believing that in the midst of this ownership change.
...to CBS and CBS's immediate need to dump them....that they would have
such long-term plans on the table.  (Heck, they don't even know who's
gonna own them, or at what frequency they'll end up...)

> And
> yeah, as much as I enjoy listening to Howie, he
> _does_ do the same topics over and over. No news
> today? Let's do "what's your bitch" or "standing
> heads"

It's like playing hit records....the topics that get the most "motion"
or caller action get repeated over and over again.  But they certainly
are 'lazy' topics.....topics that don't require much from the host.