Re: Howie Carr

I'm sure Brudnoy has the number one show in town,
but I've also heard Howie has #1 numbers in his
time slot at least(though they may be among the 12-54 age group).Not
sure how other 'RKO talkers
are doing,but he probably does have the highest
ratings at WRKO,at least.Who will the new owners
be--Disney?Jacor?Chancellor?Will be interesting to
see if the format stays,though conventional wisdom is
that at least _one_  FULL-time talk station is needed
in a town like Boston(WBZ,of course,only doing
talk part time)...Not sure how Jerry Williams' ratings
are,though he certainly isn't in a "prime" time slot
like he used to be(and I DO like Jerry,too...he's
entertaining and a muckraker,too).You could almost
compare him to a starting pitcher who's been
upstaged by younger,more effective starters,and
relegated to the bullpen.(In radio's all important
demographics,you could see that WRKO would
want someone "younger",like 46-year old Howie
Carr).
And getting  back to Terence M. Wood's comment about how "you don't
throw the Dean of Talk Radio out to the
wolves",I'd like to use one of Ted Sarandis' (WEEI)
favorite sayings:"What have you done for me
lately?".Sad to say that if Jerry's ratings aren't
blockbuster,he could be gone.A TV show that used
to be hot but has fallen on hard times still gets
cancelled if the ratings don't pick up..."what have
you done for me lately".As much as I love Jerry
(and Howie),don't put it past WRKO's new owners
to possibly clean house.Sad but true.