Re: Bud Sawyer to join WLAM

At 06:30 PM 5/30/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Bud Sawyer has resigned as Public Service Director for Saga's Portland Radio
>group of stations.  Sawyer was the long time morning man on WPOR (I think for
>19 years) until January 1997.  Before joining WPOR, Sawyer did a short stint
>on WLOB and was the morning man on WGAN for years before that.  Before his
>retirement, he was one of the most popular morning personalities in Portland.
>He had one of the top morning shows in Portland for about three decades.

Over 35 years ago, I guess, there was a Bud Sawyer who did AM drive on the
old WORL (950), Boston (now WROL). It's been a long time, but I recall him
as having a pleasant voice and an engaging manner and running a tight board.
I definitely would have called him a "major-market talent". He was probably
in Boston for a year or two. Same guy?

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205