Re: how radio has changed

Talk stations do pay fees to royalty collection agencies which is why some of
them create their own music for bumpers instead of using copyrighted music and
to bypass paying a royalty. None of the talk stations could use portions of
major artist's music without paying for it. I know that WRKO does pay
royalties to BMI and ASCAP because I asked them.  They use so much rock bumper
music and I was curious. Rush Limbaugh also pays royalties for his bumper
music. I know this because there was a big stink about him using the
Pretenders "My City Was Gone" as intro music. His attitude was "I am paying to
use it." And Chrissy Hyne's attitude was "I don't want you using my music." If
anyone noticed the money won out: Rush still uses it. I can't speak for any
other station for fact though.

In a message dated 5/23/98 1:49:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,