Re: how radio has changed

Donna Halper wrote:

> [...]  But now, every
> station has a playlist, a format, a target demo, research that says you
> can't play blues, etc etc. Now, the only way he can get on a major radio
> station is to be a guest on a talk show and talk ABOUT blues...

The classic rock station I work for drops playlist, format and satellite feed
for three hours each Wednesday night for a program called the "Blue Cadillac".
It has been on the air for almost a year and has been well received by sponsors
and listeners alike. It features blues from yesterday and today from blues
artists known the world over and also from some local bands. The program is
hosted by Debra Lee and Fish, who share a knowledge and love of blues. If you
enjoy blues and find yourself in the Brattleboro area between 7 and 10 on a
Wednesday evening, this program is worth a listen.

Doug Bassett
WKVT-FM (92.7) part-timer
West Brattleboro, Vt.