Re: Sinatra the singer

At 11:11 PM 5/16/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Dunno who Jerry Lester is or was, but I recall her being a regular on
>Jack Parr's program.

We didn't have a TV back then, so I don't really know who he was either, but
I kept hearing about the Lester show from friends who did have TVs. I think
Lester was responsible for the song "Orange-colored Sky." Nat Cole had a big
recording of that song, and you can still hear Cole's record now and again
on adult standards formats.

>Like "The railroad
>goes through the middle of the house" by, I think, Vaughn Monroe.

Or was it Frankie Laine...? I can believe Vaughn Monroe.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205