re: WHOB Nashua

> At 10:45 AM 5/10/98, Steve Ordinetz wrote:
>
> >Wasn't it Paula Stone who took B-106 from a 6 share to a sub-1 share
in
> >only a couple of books by dumping a successful CHR format for a weird
> >Alternative/Classic Rock hybrid?  It definitely happened on her watch
.

Yeah, I'll never understand these stations programmed by what I would
imagine is a 20-something PD who starts playing all his/her favorite
records and album cuts.

The B-106 format under Paula was all over the map....

There was another station that programmed a 'weird' homebrew format.  I
was waiting for WMRQ in Meridith(?) to come on the air a few years back.
...when they did...I thought they sounded like trash!  Programmed by
someone who never really programmed before....  Apparently the PD filled
the format with all his favorite records and album cuts.

Does anyone else remember that first awful format on WMRQ in Meridith?

The difference I see in the latest incarnation of WHOB is that the songs
are MUCH more RECOGNIZABLE by the masses...much higher 'familiarity'
factor...  No?

BM