Re: WKLB No. 1?

> From: H Glazer                 \ Internet:    (hmglaz@webtv.net)

> Listening to WKLB's Sunday Morning Country Oldies (Yes, they had an
> Eddie Rabbitt tribute.), I heard Michael Burns mention twice that,
> according to the winter Arbitrons, WKLB was "Number One on Sunday
> mornings." He didn't qualify the statement with a demographic, so I
> assume he meant 12-up.

Nope.....in the new 'prime' demographic 25-54.

Make no bones about it.
Sunday Morning Country Oldies IS  #1  25-54 while it's on the air.

> Can this be? I realize a lot of Boston radio runs syndicated countdown
> programs and the like on Sunday mornings, but the idea of a weak
> also-ran like 'KLB being No. 1 in any daypart -- even with a live,
local
> show -- boggles the mind.

It just goes to show you what can happen when you

*) Open up the playlist...
*) Loosen up some of the formatics...
*) And let someone actually have a personality on the air.!

If you haven't heard the show....it plays a lot of crossover songs that
we might know from the Top 40/AC days when there were a lot of Country
songs being aired in the market.