Re: WKLB No. 1?

H.Glazer wrote:

> Listening to WKLB's Sunday Morning Country Oldies (Yes, they had an
> Eddie Rabbitt tribute.), I heard Michael Burns mention twice that,
> according to the winter Arbitrons, WKLB was "Number One on Sunday
> mornings." He didn't qualify the statement with a demographic, so I
> assume he meant 12-up.
I happen to have a printout of the Sunday Morning 8AM-12NOON Boston Ranker
Arbitron breakdown for 25-54 all persons Boston Market,as follows:
                       RANK   STATION   AQH PERSONS  AQH SHARE
                                           1            WKLB            215
                   8.3
           2            WODS           167                    6.5
                                                         3            WMJX
          164                    6.3
                            4            WXKS-FM      162
 6.3
5            WSJZ             131                   5.1
                                                6            WRKO
116                    4.5
           7            WBZ              110                    4.2

8            WZLX             107                    4.1
                                        9            WCRB            100
               3.9
    10           WBOS           99                     3.8
                                             As you can see,WKLB is doing
quite well with Sunday Morning Country Oldies.In fact,seems not everyone
wants news or talk on a Sunday morning,looking at WBZ"s and WRKO's
numbers.WSJZ doing well on Sunday AM also,considering WMJX has it's long
running Sunday Morning Jazz show on against it's co-owned SJZ.One wonders
if Greater Media would dump the MJX Jazz show and have regular Soft Rock AC
format run in that time slot.
                                     Mark Watson