Re: WRPT & WJDA

At 12:46 AM 5/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Strangely enough, this morning, I noticed WJDA and WRPT running the same
>talk program.  It seemed to be about restaurants on the North Shore, which
>makes me wonder why WJDA was carrying it at all.

The date stamping on e-mails is a bit bizarre. I think the 12:46 AM in the
line at the top is GMT. Therefore, the time translates to Sunday 5/10 at
8:46 PM EDT. If you were listening to a show about restaurants from 9:00 AM
to 1:00 PM on Sunday, it was almost certainly Pat Whitley's restaurant show,
which originates at WRKO and is carried by a bunch of smaller stations in
eastern MA and maybe elsewhere in New England. If you didn't hear Whitley
himself, he could have taken the day off. When he does, various people fill
in for him.

BTW, WJDA has better coverage of the North Shore than WESX does. Salt water
all the way from the Braintree TX to the entire coast out to Cape Ann. For a
similar reason, I wouldn't be surprised if WESX covers the South Shore
better than WJDA does.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205