Re: Stations where the sun never sets

In a message dated 98-05-06 12:45:26 EDT, mwaters@wesleyan.edu writes:

<<         So many stations flouting the rules, and so little time <g>. IMO,

While WJIB has always downed power at sunset correctly (740),  to make it
easier for me, I just bought and installed a $900. unit made by ESE Corp in
California, which will allow 10 functions for automation;  two of which I now
use for precise down-power at sunset and up-power at sunrise.    Seems to me
that if stations have a hard time "remembering" when sunset is,  this unit
will do the job flawlessly.  $900. is pocket change for some of these bigger
station that 'forget' to drop from 50k to 10k, etc.     I knew of this unit
because another one came with WJTO when I bought that station in Mar 97.
It's a very durable unit, always works (with battery back-up), and  it costs
half the price of, and will outlast the next 5 changes in the EAS system!
- ---jibguy