Re: Radios with tubes (Was Re: WQEW)

>Keith Barry wrote:
<snip>
>My recommendation for an antique radio for
>DXing would be a Zenith TransOceanic. If a $500 radio is too much for your
>budget, the RCA-made set of similar design is far more reasonable (the radio
>I hope to someday be able to afford is, incidentally, the RCA "TransOceanic
>clone").
<snip>

        What is the model number of the RCA version?

> All in all, if the price is right and you don't mind
>huddling around a 200-degree piece of bakelite, buy the radio!

        Cool! I'll shut off the central heat and use the money I save to
support my radio-hobby expenses <g>.

>They're also
>quite easy to repair if you can find the parts.

        I just got a catalog with an amazing amount of parts for antique
radios. It's Antique Electronic Supply, 6221 South Maple Avenue, Tempe,
Arizona 85283, (602) 820-5411; www.tubesandmore.com; and e-mail at
info@tubesandmore.com.