Re: WSRO/let's be civil.../community radio...

At 01:30 PM 4/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

>When you describe WCAP as "tiny" you can't be referring to its signal.
>Editorially, it may behave in a "tiny" way but it's signal is considered to
>be a "big five" with good reach day and night in its ADI and an even
>stronger ERP towards Boston in night pattern.  (I believe the ERP in night
>is around 6.4 kW).
>Bill O'Neill

I haven't run the numbers, but I would be surprised if WCAP's signal to the
southeast at night were as _low_ as 6.4 kW equivalant. My guess is that it's
more like 20 kW equivalent. However, WCAP gets some really wicked nighttime
and daytime skywave interference from WTRY and at least one other station--I
think a French-language station in eastern Canada (CBV Quebec City?).
Surprisingly, WWRC in DC, which is a very old station that now runs 50 kW
during the day, does not seem to interfere significantly with WCAP.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205