Re: Easy listening

At 01:12 AM 4/28/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Jibguy wrote:
>

>What about WJDA in Quincy?

I'd be surprised if WJDA and its sister station, WESX, were doing much more
than breaking even. Were this not so, I don't think the stations would have
joined WADN's financial-talk simulcast (albeit only from 9:00 to 11:00 AM M-F).

But WPEN in Philadelphia, which is owned by Greater Media, does quite well,
I'm told, and KIXI Mercer Island-Seattle (with a dynamite 50 kW-D/10 kW-N
signal on 880) continues to hold its own as far as I know. KIXI was an easy
listening station in the 60s and as far as I know went from that format
right to what is now known as adult standards. KIXI locally owned and
locally programmed. Sounds just as good as WQEW.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205