WIRY and WENT

Somebody here mentioned of the good local radio on WIRY (AM 1340
Plattsburgh, N.Y.) as well as the fact that they are one of the few stations
that still uses records.  Of the 5 commercial radio stations licensed to
Plattsburgh, WIRY is the only one still tied to Plattsburgh and not
Burlington, Vt.  One station that really reminds me of WIRY is WENT (AM 1340
Gloversville, N.Y.).  WENT is all live and local, still uses records, and
has strong ties to the community.  The studios and offices for both WIRY and
WENT are not much bigger than my house, but the product these stations offer
is becoming an endangered species.  If there is no other excuse to drive to
Gloversville or Plattsburgh from Albany, WIRY and WENT are good excuses for
the drive.

Gavin Burt
Albany, New York