Opie and Anthony

On 9 April 1998 at 12:26 a.m., you wrote:
>As far as O & A are
>concerned, I think they made a bad judgement, but they do have talent.  I'm
>sure they will find another gig, and I'm sure it will be sooner rather than
>later.

The first part is wrong but the second isn't. O & A sound like two middle
school kids; it's worse than watching South Park. (Another topic for
another time.) They will get another gig though, probably somewhere like
Providence or Hartford.

>I wonder how many people on this list have actually HEARD Opie and Anthony?  I
>bet few have.  I don't think their schtick is any worse than what Stern does.
>If I was management, I would have suspended them for two weeks to let the bru-
>ha-ha die down, and then it would have been business as usual.  Jocks screw up
>from time to time, and I realize this was a major blunder on their part, but
>O&A were paid to "push the envelope" and this was a situation that was backed
>by management.  As usual, the suits survive and the talent suffers.

This may sound weird, but I happen to think Stern is more mature on some
levels. Have you listened to Stern lately, Mike? I don't see Stern asking
motorists to whip 'em out. Just a little too juvenile. They sound like they
are trying to imitate Stern; when you can tell that someone is imitating
someone else, that only makes things worse.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127