Re: Opie and Anthony

> Apart from anything else, what's amazing about this is, is that by
traditional
> standards, claiming the mayor was dead when he isn't is not funny.
People
> looking for a non-existent April Fools' parade is funny, the Plummett
Mall
> (remember the underground shopping center) is funny, even people
stumbling
> around in Jello is funny by traditional standards, if not mine.
Anything to do
> with chickens is funny. Or a man in his underwear.
>
> But saying a man is dead when he's not is not funny or clever. Hey do
any of
> the WAAF listeners really care about Menino? LIke, hey he died, ok,
sorry, what
> else is happening.

I would agree!

I think it says something about this generation's lack of humor.
(Boy do I sound *old* saying THAT!)

But it's the same problem I see when I (painfully) sit thru a SNL
episode.  (Although to be fair, they have gotten better in the last
month or so..)

Humor = crotch jokes.....   Humor = *anything* that is shocking...

What was even more telling was how O & A responded to it.  When on TV,
they did more damage to their cause than if they woulda shut up and let
it blow over.

And when they DID respond....they equated getting a pie in the face with
scaring someone's family about the death of a loved one....

Really insightful....

BM

..