Re: Opie and Anthony

In a message dated 98-04-08 18:48:46 EDT, mshbc@bu.edu writes:

<< No other firings but PD Dave Douglas is suspended for the remainder of
 this week and GM Bruce Mittman will not be working for 30 days.>>

I find it interesting that the managment survives but the talent gets blown
out.  This could all be a moot point anyway since WAAF is on the selling
block.  Another company like Jacor or Clear Channel could wind up buying AAF
and rehiring Opie and Anthony once the hype blows over.  As far as O & A are
concerned, I think they made a bad judgement, but they do have talent.  I'm
sure they will find another gig, and I'm sure it will be sooner rather than
later.

I wonder how many people on this list have actually HEARD Opie and Anthony?  I
bet few have.  I don't think their schtick is any worse than what Stern does.
If I was management, I would have suspended them for two weeks to let the bru-
ha-ha die down, and then it would have been business as usual.  Jocks screw up
from time to time, and I realize this was a major blunder on their part, but
O&A were paid to "push the envelope" and this was a situation that was backed
by management.  As usual, the suits survive and the talent suffers.

Mike Thomas