Re: One-on-One Boston (WNRB) goes local

>At 06:04 PM 4/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>According to today's Boston Globe Sports Section,
>>
>>Mike Adams (ex-NECN and currently "Big-O" sidekick) will be starting a LOCAL
>>show 7-9PM on WNRB (1510-One on One Sports Boston).
>>
>Ferrell had been doing a program he called Sports of Call on the TalkAmerica
>I network Monday thru Friday from 3:00 to 5:00 PM Eastern. Prior to that,
>the program had aired (locally only, I believe) at a different time on WBPS.
>The TalkAmerica version of Sports of Call, with Ferrell as host and a
>different sidekick, identified only as "Rocket Man", and the Herald's
>betting columnist, "I.M. Bettor," as a regular guest, had aired locally on
>WADN and its network partners, WARA and WPLM (AM). I think WADN et al may
>have stopped airing the program within the last month. If so, it might be
>that TalkAmerica no longer carries the show. I believe that WADN's SM, Rich
>Glynn, has a financial interest in Sports of Call. My guess is that he was
>behind WNRB picking up the show and that he will be selling it locally. It's
>kind of too bad that the only decent host on One on One, "Poppa Joe"
>Chevalier, has his rather entertaining show cut short locally. If anything
>at all on WNRB is worth a listen (and I'm not saying that I think anything
>_is_ worth a listen), it's Chevalier's show.

	Actually this is the second time around for Farrell on WNRB. He and his Rocketeering Buddy were doing this exact same show show as a call in under the ownership of Communicom about 2-3 years ago. The show went belly up, and they migrated further south (WADN ?) for a while. You are correct about Glynns involvement. I believe he was the financier for their first WNRB run.

Wayne Carter     			wcarter@mva.net
     		http://www.jlight.com/
"It is not then, in the glare of public, but in the shade
 of private life, that we are to look for the man.
  Private life is always real life.  Behind the curtain,
where the eyes of the million are not upon him...
There he will always be sure to act himself: consequently,
if he acts greatly (in private) , he must be great indeed.
  Hence it has been justly said, that, 'our private deeds,
if noble, are noblest of our lives'...It is the private
virtues that lay the foundation of all human excellence."
                 - George Washington