Re: WJLT now leasing time on WKOX

>I noticed Christian music on WKOX shortly before 6:00 AM. Of late, WKOX has
>been 100% SS as far as I have been able to tell, although, maybe six months
>ago, they were programming satellite-delivered talk in EE overnight. I
>stayed tuned and heard the legal ID at 6:00 AM: "This is J-Light overnight
>on WKOX Framingham-Worcester-Boston." I then tuned to 1060. I'm not sure
>what time WJLT has been signing on. Since April 1, they _could_ have signed
>on at full power at 5:00 AM, but given that DST starts tonight and moves the
>full power sign-on back to 6:00, they probably haven't bothered. Anyhow,
>after 6:00, 1200 was // 1060. The announcer said the program would continue
>until 12:30, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it would continue until
>12:30 on both stations.
>
>I have not seen a Wayne Carter post here in months. Guess Wayne is too busy
>selling time. But maybe Wayne or one his friends can fill us in. Bump. what
>do you know?
>
>-------------------------------
>Dan Strassberg (Note: Address is CASE SENSITIVE!)

	Correct on all counts!

	We have actually been broadcasting J-Light Overnight for about 2 months and have been actively seeking some better quality overnight programming for a bit. If KOX runs our programming after 6am it is becuase their board op missed his cue....din't come to work....whatever.
	This leased time agreement has allowed to expand an income base to overnights and cross promote the stations, giving at least an illusion of a lager entity. It will be much more effective after the 40KW upgrade is completed.
	We will be signing on at 6 as usual, and as a daytimer, I think Daylight Savings Time is the best thing since Sliced Bread! ;-)
	BTW, our change of venue was filed quite a bit ago....didn't see it in NERW! Not too often one gets missed!

Wayne Carter     			wcarter@mva.net
     		http://www.jlight.com/
"It is not then, in the glare of public, but in the shade
 of private life, that we are to look for the man.
  Private life is always real life.  Behind the curtain,
where the eyes of the million are not upon him...
There he will always be sure to act himself: consequently,
if he acts greatly (in private) , he must be great indeed.
  Hence it has been justly said, that, 'our private deeds,
if noble, are noblest of our lives'...It is the private
virtues that lay the foundation of all human excellence."
                 - George Washington