Re: One-on-One Boston (WNRB) goes local

At 06:04 PM 4/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>According to today's Boston Globe Sports Section,
>
>Mike Adams (ex-NECN and currently "Big-O" sidekick) will be starting a LOCAL
>show 7-9PM on WNRB (1510-One on One Sports Boston).

Ferrell had been doing a program he called Sports of Call on the TalkAmerica
I network Monday thru Friday from 3:00 to 5:00 PM Eastern. Prior to that,
the program had aired (locally only, I believe) at a different time on WBPS.
The TalkAmerica version of Sports of Call, with Ferrell as host and a
different sidekick, identified only as "Rocket Man", and the Herald's
betting columnist, "I.M. Bettor," as a regular guest, had aired locally on
WADN and its network partners, WARA and WPLM (AM). I think WADN et al may
have stopped airing the program within the last month. If so, it might be
that TalkAmerica no longer carries the show. I believe that WADN's SM, Rich
Glynn, has a financial interest in Sports of Call. My guess is that he was
behind WNRB picking up the show and that he will be selling it locally. It's
kind of too bad that the only decent host on One on One, "Poppa Joe"
Chevalier, has his rather entertaining show cut short locally. If anything
at all on WNRB is worth a listen (and I'm not saying that I think anything
_is_ worth a listen), it's Chevalier's show.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205