Re: Amateur hour at WHYN

Howard wrote--
>... an outdated promo -- "Only one day to the Red Sox season
>opener ... on WHYN Springfield" -- ran three times over the network
>audio, followed each time by a snatch of the ABC News theme.
>
>Can any of you radio pros explain how this sort of slipshoddery happens
>on a weekday afternoon on a major station in its market?

Okay, can anybody explain why WBZ still has wrong carts cued up, wrong
outcues, and announcers still being taken by surprise by what they thought
was up and what actually ran?  Twice yesterday, this happened-- once when
Tom Cuddy announced a Pedro Martinez actuality but instead one by Mo Vaughn
played, and again later when one of the news anchors intro'd an actuality
but that was not the one which ran. Sloppy radio in a major market--  have
we really made 'the right choice'?  And as for sloppy radio in Springfield,
hey even when I was a board op, I listened for cues while the game was on,
and I was trained enough so that I didn't even miss an ID... maybe they
don't train the board ops anymore?