Re: Guy Gannett Sale

<< Chris, BDN the circulation leader?  they only cover from Bangor North,
 hardly a leader in circulation.  The Press Herald covers the entire state
 from Fort Kent to Kittery, South of Augusta, you would be hard put to find
 the BDN at any morning news stand.  I think that it shows up in Portland at
 Joes around 1 or 2 pm.

 Terry >>

Chris is correct.  The BDN is the daily circulation leader.  The Maine Sunday
Telegram is the weekend leader.  As for your description of the Press Herald,
saying they cover the whole state is like saying USA Today covers the whole
country.  Also, there are other daily papers that cut into thje Press Herald's
circulation in southern/central Maine.  (Lewiston Sun, Biddeford
Journal/Tribune, The Times Record.)  North of Waterville, the BDN is the only
game in town.

Just for the record, I'm not a big BDN fan.  They are only slightly better
than the Press Herald.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine