Re: CBS turns its back on AM in Boston

At 12:33 PM 4/1/98 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 98-04-01 07:58:40 EST, dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net
>writes:
>
><<  So now who are the most likely candidates to buy the two
> major AMs? Obviously they will go to whomever offers the largest amount of
> money, but who is that likely to be? >>
>
>My guess is that it will be Jacor.<snip> In
>fact, I wouldn't be suprised if they buy all four signals, since I'm sure
>they'd love to have WAAF.

So you think CBS will retain WWTM (or whatever the current calls, the AM
1440 in Worcester)? Isn't this station simulcasting WEEI? Given that WCRN on
830 now effectively makes WEEI unlistenable in Worcester, doesn't it make
sense for the Worcester AM to move with WEEI? Of course, if CBS retains the
Worcester AM, CBS can always LMA the station to WEEI's new owners.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205