Re: spelling, grammar, etc.

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, H Glazer wrote:

> A former boss at the Record-Journal in Meriden, CT, used to eliminate
> many reporter/editor applications out of hand. If they came addressed to
> "Meridan" or "Meridian," he'd read no further!

Reminds me of when I was looking for an answering service, circa 1980.
With the Yellow Pages in front of me, I started calling them.  I was
appalled at how bad most of them sounded while answering their own phones.

Also reminds me of a story about how Thomas Edison hired researchers.
He'd invite the prospective new employee home to dinner.  If he salted his
meat without tasting it first, he didn't get the job.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                         617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                                      lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503                       http://world.std.com/~lawyer/