Re: Who was "Willie Whistle" ?

> Reliable sources (who will stay nameless) told me that it was a man
> named Dick Beach.  He has since retired and enjoying the sun in F-L-A.
> Word has it that he, in addition to his "Willie" duties, had a high
> position at WSBK for many years.

Funny, I remember in the 80's during an 'Ask the Manager' program.  (Yes
, I actually watched it a few times...!!!)  Someone wrote to ask who it
was.....and the GM and Dana responded that it was a highly guarded
secret!  I wasn't sure why...

If he was an executive with WSBK, I could imagine the distraction that
it might have played while dealing with clients, the public and others
while performing his 'executive' duties...

> BTW: Willie Whistle debuted on the
> days of WIHS-TV (now WSBK) in 1966.

I wonder if he was "Willie" first, then came the executive...or the
other way around!

> I drew a picture of Willie at age
> 6 and was excited to see it on the air !! What memories.

What you'd give for a videotape of it now, huh?  :-)