CB, Good Buddy

 I heard the CB mentioned lately.  What is the band-width of the Citizen's
Band?  I recall in the early 70s having to get the license and be actually
concerned that the FCC was actually listening (perhaps an urban myth).  That
was the 23 channel days.  Also, antenna question - we stick on the antenna
to the van on those long trips to the midwest - is there any benefit to
different CB antenna designs?  Bill O'Neill, 10-10, I think...