Re: Satellite Radio

At 12:03 AM 3/16/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I was surprised that no one mentioned what I would expect to be the
>biggest problem in receiving satellite radio in a car.  How do you keep
>the dish aimed at the satellite when the car is moving?  I have enough
>trouble listening to some FM signals in my car because of the car's
>motion, what with multipath and dueling signals on the same channel.

With modern servomechanism technology, the problem should definitely be
solvable. It doesn't even sound like an especially tough problem. However, I
think there may be some advances in receiving antennas and receivers that
might make the dish unnecessary. I don't follow this area of electrical
engineering, so I don't know this to be the case, I just think it might be.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205