Re: CB, Good Buddy

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:01:22 -0500 "Bill O'Neill" <billo@erols.com>
writes:

> I heard the CB mentioned lately.  What is the band-width of the
>Citizen's Band?  I recall in the early 70s having to get the license and
be
>actually concerned that the FCC was actually listening (perhaps an urban
>myth).

CB is in the 27 megahertz band area.  Yep, I was a CB'er... in junior
high in the mid sixties.  It was kind of like an AOL Chat Room is now.
You know, a lot of burping, passing gas, and lewd remarks.  Repulsive is
probably the word I'm looking for.

> That was the 23 channel days.  Also, antenna question - we stick on the

>antenna to the van on those long trips to the midwest - is there any
benefit
>to different CB antenna designs?

They used to say it made a difference.  But, (with aploogies to Bob
Bittner) five watts, how much of a significance difference can it make?

>Bill O'Neill, 10-10, I think...

73's good buddy, and catch ya on the flip-flop... (Steve, are you getting
all this?)

Rick Kelly

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]