Re: CJAD, what if.........

At 07:40 AM 3/15/98 -0500, Rick Kelly wrote:

>I had a similar experience as a teen.  I wrote a letter to WDKC, Albany
>that was very critical of their programming.  I suggested that since they
>were were losing in the ratings, and were programming as beautiful music
>format along with five other stations in the market, that they liven up
>the music.  My letter ended up being read in a staff meeting, to my
>surprise, and the PD was very complementary of it.  They were unable to
>incorperate the changes... but again, as a 16 year old, I was amazed.

The stations I work for try to be open to listener comments.  Our audience
research budget is $0, and if someone takes the time to call, write or
email us, their comments are taken seriously.  Obviously, we can't
incorporate every suggestion, but if it makes sense it is at least
considered.  Most comments concerning music that may not be appropriate for
a certain daypart are quite often acted upon.