Re: WADN ID?

At 12:49 PM 8/9/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I was listening to the Lowell Spinners (don't even ask me why) Thursday
>night on WADN.  Twice at 8 PM and 9 WLLH broke for a network break, and
>all you heard was "broadcasting from the Lowell Sheraton WLLH Lowell
>Lawrence" then about a minute later "you are listening to AM 1120
>Bloomburg for Boston"  No call letters, no city or town....

I don't know what happens during the baseball games, but when they are
carrying Bloomberg and other satellite-delivered programs, WADN does a legal
at :02--and it's "Bloomberg for Boston--WADN, Concord." Perfectly legal.

I note that, in addition to Bruce Williams from Westwood I, nightly from
7:00 to 10:00, with at least one rebroadcast, WADN now carries the Dolans
from the WOR Network afternoons fromn 1:00 to 3:00.

I had a dental appoinment Thursday and so got home early. When I tuned in
WADN during PM drive, they were carrying BNN (Business News Network), which
I don't think is the same as BRN (Business Radio Network). BRN syndicates
the Don MacDonald show late nights. WMEX carried it when they were doing
financial talk, and WBNW picked it up right before the end. It's one of the
better finacial talk shows. Such shows sound pretty much all the same to me.
I WADN they still carries Bloomberg mostly, including cutaways during the
Williams show. BNN does seem much more conversational and less repetitive
than Bloomberg. If you listen to Bloomberg for more than about 20 minues,
everything repeats, and repeats, and repeats, and.... It's truly the epitome
of _dull_ radio.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205