Re: NorthEast Radio Watch 8/7:

Scott wrote:

>On the radio side, Wilmington's WVAY (100.7) switched its simulcast
>from WKVT-FM (92.7 Brattleboro) to WHDQ (106.1 Claremont, N.H.) on
>August 1, after WKVT owner Richard Lightfoot's offer to buy WVAY
>expired...

The simulcast with WHDQ didn't actually start until sometime Monday
afternoon (8/4). WVAY was still simulcasting WKVT-FM at noon Monday, but was
//WHDQ by 7PM.

>...The Brattleboro Reformer reports the problem was WVAY's
>tower leases on Mt. Snow and Haystack Mountain....

Not Haystack, but Stratton, the location of WVAY's translator W284AB (104.7
Jamaica).

 Just to set the record straight... :)

Doug Bassett
PT Sox/Pats op.
WKVT AM/FM
FT Retail Slave
West Brattleboro, Vt.

97
Doug Bassett
1490/WKVT
Brattleboro, Vt.
"Opinions are mine and not necessarily those of my employers and/or co-workers."

[97]