The Real Don Steele

     I haven't seen anything about this yet amoung this group yet, so I
thought I'd note it:  apparently former KHJ "Boss Jock" the Real Don Steele
passed away in his past Tuesday AM (8/5/97) in his sleep.  He was apparently
battling lung cancer, and had his last broadcast on KRTH in Los Angeles in
May.
     IMHO, Steele was one of the best air personalities in the country; a
legend like Dale Dorman and Robert W. Morgan (who is also reportedly battling
lung cancer).  For more information, check out www.reelradio.com, which acts
as a repository for information and airchecks of Top 40 radio of the 60's and
70's.

Rick Kelly
A great admirer of Steele.