Re: Boston Globe priorities

On 9 August 1997 at 1:24 a.m., you wrote:

>Since a few people asked, while it seems to be true the Globe has cut back
>on its radio coverage, I found it interesting that WBZ (!) ran an interview
>with the Globe's religion writer today (Friday), and he announced expansion
>of their religion page.  The general point of the interview was that there
>is great demand for more news and information about religion and
>spirituality, so the Globe is addressing that need.
>
>Otoh, they obviously feel there is not great demand for radio information...

I honestly think if people were explained the intracies of the business and
were told about the ins and outs it would be interesting radio coverage.
People always want to find out something which they do not know. Not many
know the inner workings of a radio station or even how the radio dial
works. (Thank goodness for digital radios.)

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net