Re: The Human Thing (was re:WICE)

Was that when Dick Summer did his "Lovin' Touch" show that sent me spinning
the dial to The Big 68?  I've heard a tape snippet where even Ron Robin had
taken on a mellow, Dick-Summer-Sound.  Weird!

Does anyone have any tapes of "The Lovin' Touch?"  It would be a kick to
hear it again.

- -Lou

At 08:32 PM 7/31/97 -0400, Steve Ordinetz wrote:
>At 03:12 PM 7/31/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>Regarding WMEX and their 50000
>>watts;it ocurred sometime around 69 or 70.They were still playing rock and
>>roll but the jocks were no longer screaming and the station was referring to
>>itself as the Human Thing.
>>

>That was in 1969 when Dick Summer was PD.  The Human Thing lasted maybe 6
>months.  The world wasn't quite ready for AAA in 1969!  My guess that the
>only reason Max let Dick even try such a departure from Top 40 was that 'RKO
>was clobbering 'MEX in the ratings, Goodguys Radio was dead for real, and he
>figured he had to do something.

And don't forget to visit
the incredible website:

         http://www.channel1.com/users/spindoc