The Human Thing (was re:WICE)

At 03:12 PM 7/31/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Regarding WMEX and their 50000
>watts;it ocurred sometime around 69 or 70.They were still playing rock and
>roll but the jocks were no longer screaming and the station was referring to
>itself as the Human Thing.

That was in 1969 when Dick Summer was PD.  The Human Thing lasted maybe 6
months.  The world wasn't quite ready for AAA in 1969!  My guess that the
only reason Max let Dick even try such a departure from Top 40 was that 'RKO
was clobbering 'MEX in the ratings, Goodguys Radio was dead for real, and he
figured he had to do something.