Re: WOLD

Jim Connors was one of the more fun Jocks at WMEX.  He used to do this
"thing" to songs with long fades during his morning shows, usually just
before news...  He would extend the endings by slipping back into the
beginnig of the long fade.  Being so early in the morning, I used to just
pass it off as a possible "long version."  But once, or twice, he'd miss it
by just a bit, and I was onto him.  I can specifically remember him doing
this to the song "I've Found Someone of My Own," by Free Movement in 1971.

- -Lou

At 02:35 PM 7/30/97 -0400, Supersport  wrote:
>Jim Connors was just about the last morning man on Wimmex that I liked.
>Actually, I have an air check of him around here.  Soon after, that station
>went down the tubes as I drifted over to WEZE/WRKO/Stereo 105 and WBZ-FM.
>

>At 02:29 AM 7/30/97 -0400, Richard wrote:
>>>"Double-you oh ell dee (dee, dee, dee)..."
>>
>>And what is more depressing, there used to be a rumour (spread no doubt by
>>the person himself) that this song was written about Jim Connors, if I
>>recall his name correctly-- Jim used to be one of the many who did mornings
>>at WMEX in the early 70s, and he insisted Harry Chapin had him in mind when
>>he wrote that song-- "I am the morning d.j. at W-O-L-D".  Harry, however,
>>never would admit to it... I'm not sure Harry ever even met Jim Connors...
>>but Jim seemed to believe he was universally famous.  I wonder where Jim
>>ended up.  (We know where Harry ended up, speaking of depressing endings...)

And don't forget to visit
the incredible website:

         http://www.channel1.com/users/spindoc