Re: WOLD

>Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:27:21
>To: Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com>
>From: SteveOrdinetz <steveord@xtdl.com>
>Subject: Re: WOLD
>
>At 02:29 AM 7/30/97 -0400, Donna Halper wrote:
>>
>>And what is more depressing, there used to be a rumour (spread no doubt by
>>the person himself) that this song was written about Jim Connors, if I
>>recall his name correctly-- Jim used to be one of the many who did mornings
>>at WMEX in the early 70s, and he insisted Harry Chapin had him in mind when
>>he wrote that song-- "I am the morning d.j. at W-O-L-D".  Harry, however,
>>never would admit to it... I'm not sure Harry ever even met Jim Connors...
>>but Jim seemed to believe he was universally famous.  I wonder where Jim
>>ended up.  (We know where Harry ended up, speaking of depressing endings...)
>>

>Don't know where Jim is today, but is very likely that he and Harry did
meet.  I have a WMEX survey dated 2/17/72 with a picture on the front
showing Harry at the board of WMEX captioned "One of our most memorable days
at WMEX #1. Harry Chapin dropped by to relate the story behind his Taxi".
More than likely he would have been a guest on the morning show, and Jim
Connors is listed as the 5:30 to 9AM jock on the back of the survey.