Re: WCCM to be sold...

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> I'm not sure of the year, but I think it was over 10 years ago. All of the
> AMs on Mexican clear channels (730, 800, 900, 1050, 1220, and 1570) were
> authorized night service (originally with the lesser of 500W or whatever was
> the limit to protect co-channel Canadian stations; some now have more than
> 500W). In WCCM's case, I think the night power is around 330W because of
> CJAD. WCCM receives wicked interference from CKLW at night.

I guess that also means it's no longer possible to hear Trans-World Radio
on Bonaire Island in the Netherlands Antillies on that frequency at night.
I remember hearing it once or twice in the late 60s.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/