Re: bathroom songs

> On Thu, 31 Jul 1997, SteveOrdinetz wrote:
>
> > Speaking of that....how did jocks manage 35 years ago when the average song
> > was 2:45 or less, played from vinyl, and you talked between EVERY song?  Not
> > to mention there being no such thing as a playlist, so you actually had to
> > CHOOSE the next song yourself.  Yikes!
>
> News on the hour.

Gary LaPierre has said several times how happy he is that news at WBZ is
now the priority, instead of being - and I quote here - "a p*ss stop for
the DJ."  :-)

(But then, there was one very ill-fated clock for the overnight talk show
at 'BZ a few years back that gave the talk host exactly 2:00 at the top
of the hour to answer nature's call before he had to be back in the
chair to introduce traffic.  I think it lasted *one* night before
they found a different way to do it...especially when you consider
that the men's room in the old BZ studios was way on the other side
of the old sales area...)

- -s, ex-BZ