Re: the last word (I hope) on WNAC / WLAW / WVDA

On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I read that complex couple of
> paragraphs to mean that WNAC remained WNAC-- they just moved to where WLAW
> had been.  They never became WLAW, nor did WLAW become them, since WLAW went
> off the air immediately.  WNAC bought a frequency, basically.  And WVDA
> bought a frequency too, since they never became WNAC either.  Nobody became
> WNAC-- except WNAC, which now had to place big ads in all the newspapers
> announcing they could now be found at 680 on the dial (and it was a dial in
> those days...).

It's the logical way to think about it, and it's the way most listeners
thought about it.  But that complex couple of paragraphs also makes chear
that General Telewhatever bought the WLAW license and put the WNAC call
letters on it.  And they sold the original WNAC license to Vic Dheim, who
put the WVDA call letters on it.

Now, did WEEI move to 850 or did WEEI become WBNW and WHDH become WEEI?

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617.367.0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2503                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/