Re: WPZE / WEZE...and WBZ

- -------- REPLY, Original message follows --------

> Date: Tuesday, 22-Jul-97 03:00 PM
>
> From: Mark Shneyder            \ Internet:    (mshbc@bu.edu)
> To:   D-Bump Martin (PK-er)    \ PRODIGY:     (LJNF40D)
> cc:   boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu \ Internet:
> (boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.)
>
> Subject: Re: WPZE / WEZE
>
> On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, BUMP MARTIN wrote:
>
> > And no one knows anything about this new owner?  (Maybe no one cares
!)
> > BTW...I thought someone on the list listed CBS/Westinghouse/Infinity
as
> > the suitor for 1260AM.
>
> CBS generally doesnt buy stations without an audience or/and low
cashflow...

Then what's to become of their much publicized desire to own a second AM
in Boston???  They have been quoted in the paper as wanting to have a
second AM to do Sports with...

> With Religious being kind of very, personal lifestyle format, I wonder
if
> people who're filling out diaries would really care to disclose such
personal
> choices to a ratings service. Besides, advertising is not really a
factor for
> companies like Salem which make money by bartering air time to various
> ministries, churches, parishes, etc....

Bartering?  What does 'EZE get in return for the air-time?  Money?

That sounds like "Selling"....not "Bartering"...