WBZ Weather

Here's a question I've pondered from time to time..

Does anyone know why it was that WBZ 1030 dumped using the TV
weathermen; I.E. Bruce Schwoegler (sp?) Barry Burbank, etc., in favor of
"AccuWeather"?  In my opinion, the service provided by the TV guys was
MUCH more accurate and timely than anything that AccuWeather can
provide.  Also seems to me that it would have remained more cost
effective to use the TV guys than to go with an outside weather company.

Anyone know?.... Donna?

Steve Sawyer
WINQ / 97.7 Q-FM
Winchendon, MA