Re: more WNAC / WLAW / WVDA

<<On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:20:53 -0400 (EDT), "'A. Joseph Ross'" <lawyer@world.std.com> said:

> I think the Archives already makes an exception to its rules with respect
> to WBZ.  The original WBZ in Springfield became WBZA and was discontinued
> in 1962.  The present WBZ is the continuation of the original WBZA in
> Boston.

That's in large part because I haven't gotten around yet to re-editing
that profile.  I would still consider the original WBZ to be an
ancestor of today's WBZ, because of the continuity of ownership,
callsigns, and programming (just as I trace back WMJX to W67B even
though the first WBZ-FM license was handed in), but it is useful to
make a distinction.

- -GAWollman

- --