Re: LTAR

Dan wrote:>
>I listen to Imus every morning because he has the most entertaining
>show on the air in Portland.  The problem is not network programming, but
>stations that hook up to the dish and ignore any local involvement at all.
[snip]

I am not dissing networks or satellites.  I am saying that the over-reliance
on voices from somewhere else has crippled what used to be radio's farm
team-- the smaller markets.  Years ago, you did college radio then went to
Bangor then to Providence and then to Boston.  Someday, Imus and Howard
Stern will go do radio for the Big Guy (or Gal) up in the Sky, and who will
fill their shoes?  There are few small markets developping talent these
days-- it's easier to flip a switch and get it from somewhere else...